Search This Blog

Tuesday 15 March 2011

Is the New Zealand Government Spineless ?

It is very obvious that in every dangerous situation overseas, where lives of people are involved, New Zealand always makes the move to rescue its people only after other countries have also taken a similar step.  We have seen that in the recent middle eastern conflict and now the Japan disaster.

Why can't New Zealand think independently what is good for its people and take the necessary steps independent of other countries.  I am not saying that I rather be somewhere else.  The government where I originated from is worse in many ways.  But that doesn't mean that we could ignore the facts and let the current state of affairs or diplomatic protocols continue as it is, knowing that it is not right or needs improvement.  I am proud and happy to be a New Zealander.  I wish the New Zealand government could be bolder and confident in handling critical situations.

No comments:

Post a Comment