Search This Blog

Thursday 3 March 2011

On the positive note

Again about Canterbury and Kiwis.

It is really uplifting to see that Kiwis are doing all they can to support the earth quake victims in Canterbury. Donations are pouring in, people are offering their homes to those who are homeless, adopting families, groups organising fund raising activities and more.

I am actually from Malaysia. I came to New Zealand in 2002 and since then New Zealand has and will always be my home. This event that had just taken place in Canterbury has made me realise how special and different Kiwis are, and how lucky I am to be here. The best thing I have ever done in my life was migrating to New Zealand.

I now feel so much a Kiwi than a Malaysian. I only wish that people around the world can see how special New Zealanders are.

No comments:

Post a Comment